Monday, May 15, 2006

dyskinesia

At about the begining of medication(levodopa), I had some side effects as I've already written.
However at that time I had no dyskinesia yet.
Dyskinesia is involuntary movement caused from long time using levodopa
It appeared around 5 years after the starting of levodopa.
Suddenly I found out that my body was wriggling.
I didn't know the reason why it happened, at the time.

There were no information, no patients association and no YapWeb.
I told about this symptom to my doctor, but he made on as he didn't know that.
He only wrote that into my medical record and said nothing.
At heart he had recognized that as dyskinesia, I think.
It was around 1978.

It was long afterward that I considered this movement because of levodopa, excessive dosage.
At first, I had been taking 750 mg of levodopa alone one dosage, 4 times a day.

Around 1978, levodopa alone (powdered medicine) had changed in tablet form, Sinemet now.
And so all I need to do became to take 4 tab (400 mg) of Sinemet per day.
This change improved greatly my QOL.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your website has a useful information for beginners like me.
»

Anonymous said...

Nice colors. Keep up the good work. thnx!
»